2. Copy the pattern (to scale) out of any recycled paper.
3. Trace pattern “A” onto your fabric (preferably a used rain jacket) for the front and back of the bag.
4. Trace pattern “B” onto your fabric for the front and back of the bag.
5. Sew fabric “B” to fabric “A” for the front and back of the bag.
6. Sew a 1/4” seam around length of handles to finish the edges.
7. Turn “A” patterns to face each other by sewing along the sides and bottom.
8. For a square bottom fold the bottom corners of the bag inwards 1”-2” (to form a triangle) and sew along bottom seam again.
9. Turn the bag right-side out and sew the front bag handles together and the back handles together.
10. Reinforce the bag by stitching along the outside of the sides and bottom of the bag (this presents an opportunity to have fun with various stitches).
11. Use it as you would a plastic or paper bag from the grocery store.